Bridge 47 – Building Global Citizenship is recruiting a Global Network Coordinator
The Bridge 47 – Building Global Citizenship project is looking to recruit a Global Network Coordinator (26-month contract, 100 %).
The Bridge 47 – Building Global Citizenship -project aims to mobilise global civil society to contribute to global justice and eradication of poverty through global citizenship education. The project provides a space for civil society organisations, activists and other interested people to interact with one another, exchange information and resources and develop new and innovative approaches for global citizenship education. The project focuses on joint advocacy efforts and building new partnerships, while also supporting civil society to develop new and effective approaches to reaching out to new stakeholders and providing tools to promote and act upon Global Citizenship Education. The project works closely with partners engaged in informal and non-formal education and life-long learning with a view to promoting transformative change in society.
The project builds a global civil society network – the Bridge 47 Network – for CSO workers, activists, academics, policy makers and others to come together, network, exchange experiences and try to further global citizenship education, in particular by actively working towards target 4.7. of the Sustainable Development Goals. The Bridge 47 Network is a coalition of committed organisations and individuals dedicated to building bridges between different types of value-based education such as peace education, education for sustainable development, development education and human rights education among others to advance this target.
The Bridge 47 – Building Global Citizenship project is now seeking a Global Network Coordinator to support its members in networking and sharing experiences and good practices to further global citizenship education. The position is full-time and based in Helsinki.
Duties & responsibilities include
- Development of a long-term strategic plan for the Bridge 47 Network;
- Implementation and coordination of project activities related to the global Bridge 47 Network under the supervision of the Project Manager;
- Organising global conferences (including practical arrangements);
- Maintaining and updating the Bridge 47 Network communication channels;
- Monitoring of activities and expenses of the Bridge 47 Network;
- Management of financial flows of Bridge 47 Network in coordination with the Project Manager and the Financial Coordinator;
- Supervision/preparation of preliminary documents, agendas and reports of staff meetings;
- Preparation of narrative and financial internal and external reports for the Bridge 47 Network;
Skills and Qualifications of the Global Network Coordinator
- Knowledge and commitment to the values of global citizenship education
- Knowledge of European and global civil society groups and networks
- Excellent organisational and networking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other European languages is an asset
- University Degree or equivalent
- At least three years of experience of coordination of international programmes or networks
- Experience in organising international seminars and events
- Experience in communication and network building
- Experience in managing financial resources
In addition, we appreciate
- Problem solving capacity, mediation and facilitation skills
- Reliability as a team player
- Ability to work in a multicultural context
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances
- Strong IT skills
- Availability to travel in European countries
- Residency in an EU country
Please send a cover letter and CV, including a salary request, in English to rekry (at) kehys.fi by July 31st 9PM EET. Please include the reference “Bridge 47– Global Network Coordinator” in the title of your e-mail, cover letter and CV. Please note that applications received after application deadline will not be considered.
Taina Riski, Project Manager, +358 50 3273 147, at the following times (Finnish time):
- 28 June 2 pm – 4 pm
- 18 July 2 pm – 4 pm
- 31 July 2 pm – 4 pm
This is a re-advertisement of a position previously not filled.